The spice of life is variety, and that’s especially true in the world of colour. Stampin’ Up! makes a point to keep an eye on colour trends across different markets and industries. When we see changes happening, we review our colour spectrum to ensure that we remain consistently on top of the trends. This brings us to the 2018 Colour Revamp!
In order to keep bringing you the most current and on-trend colours, we decided it was time to give our colour collections a makeover.
With this revamp, you’ll have a new variety of shades that will inspire creativity and allow you to explore more sides of your crafting.
There are still four colour collections, each with ten colours. There is also a new colour group called Basics.
In order to keep our colour collections to exclusive Stampin’ Up! colours, we moved Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White out of the Neutrals collection. We’ve also moved a few colours into the Neutrals collection, making it more exciting and colourful!
Some additional colours have changed collections as well—you’ll notice this as you look through the new collections below. You can refer to the old and new colour charts in the 2018-2019 catalogue. These changes were based on needing to maintain colour balance in our updated collections. For example, Poppy Parade is now the brightest red so it is part of the Brights collection.
In addition to the new ink colours, Stampin’ Up! redesigned their ink pads. The case is a new, more intuitive design and they improved the formula of the ink, as well!
WHY THE CHANGE?
The case’s manufacturing mould was about to expire. The mould can only be used a limited number of times before it needs to be replaced. Stampin’ Up! had to decide either to order more of the same moulds or try to improve the design. And they chose to improve it!
Stampin’ Up! also wanted to align the updated case with the colour revamp and improvements to the ink. In addition, they chose to time these changes with Stampin’ Up!’s rebranding and packaging updates. This way when you want to invest in the new colours you also get new design, improved ink pads at the same time.
WHAT’S BETTER ABOUT THE CASE?
• less confusing to open. Opening the new ink pad case is now more simple and intuitive—just insert your thumb in the “lip” at the front of the case and lift it to open.
• Have a tighter fit between the lid and the base. With the new design, the lid doesn’t accidentally become disconnected which was a common problem with the old case style. With use, the lid will be easier to slide open and close.
• Stackable. The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport. There’s a nub in each bottom corner that fits nicely into the “dimple” on the top of another case.
• Improved labels and stickers.
HOW IS THE INK DIFFERENT?
- Reduced ink bubbles with added defoamer
- Help you get an even coating of ink on the stamp
- Help the stamped image have a smoother, solid look
- You can re-ink the new ink pads with old re-inkers, you just won’t get the benefit of the defoamer that’s been added to the new re-inkers. The only exception to this is, you don’t want to use the Archival Basic Gray Re-inker on the new pads because it will ruin it.
- Another change is that Archival ink will no longer be available. Basic Gray will now be offered in Classic ink. Your best options for black ink are the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad and the Jet Black StāzOn Pad.
NEW CORE COLLECTION COLORS
NEW COLOUR COLLECTIONS
RETURNING IN COLORS
NEW BASICS COLOUR COLLECTION